You know you’re the second mom in a big family when…
- You start saying the same things to your siblings that your mom said to you.
- Your siblings accidentally call you Mom.
- You’re always counting heads to make sure everyone is accounted for.
- Your siblings ask you what’s for dinner even when it’s not your night.
- Your siblings come running to you first, or call for you when they get hurt.
- You long for a small “normal” family, but when you go visit one, you find yourself bored.
- You start referring to everyone in the family younger than you as “the kids”.
If you answered “me, too!” or filled in the blank above with your own “second mom” sentence, then this post is for you! As the oldest of twelve children I have 20+ years of experience as a big sister aka “second mom” will you join me over at YLCF as I share some of my dos, don’ts and do overs? Continue reading here!